Discover your benefits, explore the discounts on shows, restaurants and more that your membership offers
Thanks for being a Friend of Capital Theatres!
To help you make the most of your membership, this page lists all the show and restaurant discounts that are currently available to our Friends.
Friends have access to our priority booking line on 0131 529 6002 (please check our FAQ page for up-to-date box office opening times) and you can email any questions outside of these hours to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friends Show Discounts
Friends benefit from discounts on a wide variety of shows at Capital Theatres. You can easily see whether a show has a Friends discount on each show page, both on the main page and the Discounts tab. If a Friends discount is available for your selected performance it will also automatically apply to your basket on checkout, so you never miss out on your savings!
Please note these discounts are subject to availability.
Friends Priority Booking
Friends also benefit from Priority Booking on select shows!
Each month you'll receive our Friends E-newsletter outlining all upcoming discounts and any new Priority Booking periods available for you. If a show isn't announced in time for a monthly newsletter you'll receive a bespoke email so you don't miss out. We've got you covered.
If a show has priority booking available to friends all you need to do is Log in to your account, navigate to the show page within the Friends Priority Booking period, and start booking your tickets, simple as that. Our Box Office system will know you're a Friend as soon as you've logged in!
Friends Restaurant Discounts
Friends can get discounts on two meals or two drinks per Friends card - offers vary, please see details below. Please always show your membership card before ordering. Some restrictions may apply. Please check with the venue before booking or ordering.
The current discounts are:
- 20% off at all of our theatre bars (excl. ice cream)
- 20% off food and drink at the Festival Theatre Café
- 20% off at Harajuku Kitchen during pre-theatre hours (12:00-3:00pm and 5-6pm), excl. Fridays and Saturdays
- 20% off at Hotel du Vin (excl. Sat dinner, Sun lunch, Xmas Day, Hogmanay)
- 20% off food at Luckenbooths (not valid in conjunction with other offers or discounts)
- 20% off at Malmaison Edinburgh City, St Andrew Square (excl. Sat dinner, Sun lunch, Xmas Day, Hogmanay)
- 20% off food and drink at Montpeliers Bruntsfield (not in conjunction with other offers)
- 15% off food at Solti
Terms & Conditions
- Friends ticket discounts and offers (max 2 discounted tickets per show per membership), unless otherwise stated, are only available on specified shows and valid only on full price Standard Tickets
- Friends discount is not available on Concessions
- Discounts may vary from show to show and may occasionally be time limited. See the latest Capital Theatres brochure or the show pages on our website for further discount details on specific shows
- Named members must reserve, book and pay for bookings under their own name
- Each Friend card entitles the bearer to a 20% discount on up to 2 drinks at the Bars in our venues
- Your Friend Membership entitles you to 20% off Food and Drink in the Festival Theatre Cafe. Please ensure you show your Friends card at the time of purchase
- Any Friend making a Group Booking will be entitled to use their Friends discount as part of a group of 8+ people
- Friends Membership does not grant discounts on merchandise, programmes, ice creams or confectionary
- No refunds will be given except in the event of cancellation of a performance with prior notice. Tickets, handling charges and booking fees are non-refundable
- Tickets may be exchanged up to 48hrs before a performance, subject to a £1 per ticket exchange fee
- If exchanging tickets for a performance with a different Friends discount, Friends will be required to pay the difference
- It is your responsibility to check upon receipt of your tickets, that you have tickets for the correct production, date and time with the correct discounts