Life’s better with Friends
Discover a world of theatre and see more of what you love for less by becoming our Friend! Friends membership costs only £42 a year and you will receive the following benefits.
Full Terms and Conditions can be found at the bottom of this page.
Do you know someone who's a theatre lover?
Give the gift of theatre with a Gift Friends Membership. You can arrange this in person at our Box Office, by calling 0131 529 600 or online.
Renewing Your Membership?
If you hold a Friends Membership and wish to renew it, please log in to your account before adding the item to your basket.
Join our Leading Friends
Play a leading role in the King’s Theatre redevelopment
Do you want to join us on our journey as we redevelop the King’s Theatre? Become a Leading Friend by adding £42 to your normal membership and help us to breathe new life into the King’s.
By doubling the cost of your Friends membership with a donation to the King’s, you will join our Leading Friends who enjoy all the same benefits as a normal Friend plus exclusive updates about the redevelopment and an invitation to an annual King’s Theatre event. Most importantly, your donation of £42 goes directly towards the King’s redevelopment, ensuring its future for generations to come.
To become a Leading Friend, add a normal Friends membership to your basket and you will automatically be asked if you’d like to upgrade your membership to a Leading Friend. If you already have a Friends membership and would like to upgrade, contact our Box Office on 0131 529 6002.
Terms & Conditions
- Friends ticket discounts and offers (max 2 discounted tickets per show per membership), unless otherwise stated, are only available on specified shows and valid only on full price tickets
- Friends discount is not available on Concessions
- Discounts may vary from show to show and may occasionally be time limited. See the latest Capital Theatres brochure or the show pages on our website for further discount details on specific shows
- Named members must reserve, book and pay for bookings under their own name
- Each Friend card entitles the bearer to a 20% discount on up to 2 drinks at the Bars in our venues
- Your Friend Membership entitles you to 20% off Food and Drink in the Festival Theatre Cafe. Please ensure you show your Friends card at the time of purchase
- Any Friend making a Group Booking will be entitled to use their Friends discount as part of a group of 8+ people
- Friends Membership does not grant discounts on merchandise, programmes, ice creams or confectionary
- No refunds will be given except in the event of cancellation of a performance with prior notice. Tickets, handling charges and booking fees are non-refundable
- Tickets may be exchanged up to 48hrs before a performance, subject to a £1 per ticket exchange fee
- If exchanging tickets for a performance with a different Friends discount, Friends will be required to pay the difference
- It is your responsibility to check upon receipt of your tickets, that you have tickets for the correct production, date and time with the correct discounts