Open Floor Musicals Callout
Are you working on an idea for a new musical that you’d like to test out in front of an audience?
We are looking for new musical theatre makers to take part in our scratch night, Open Floor, on Friday 9 June at The Studio.
Open Floor is an opportunity to get something up on its feet in front of an audience and see what does and doesn’t work. This time it’s all about new musical theatre and we’re pleased to welcome Finn Anderson (Islander, A Mother’s Song) as our host for the night. If you’ve got an idea for a new musical and you want to test out a few songs with an audience, we want to hear from you. Our definition of musical theatre is wide, so long as music and lyrics are integral to the work you’re making in some way.
We’re keeping this quick and dirty so think one or two instruments and a mic, and a few lighting or sound cues, nothing too technical. We can provide a piano, keyboard, microphone, and some basic sound support.
Here’s what we can offer:
- A slot to perform 10-15 mins of material at our Scratch Night on Fri 9 June
- £200 for performing plus 20% of the box office on the night
- Feedback from the event
Here are the dates:
- Closing date: Wed 17 May
- Decisions shared: Tue 23 May
- Performance date: Fri 9 Jun
- You must be based in Scotland
- You must have worked on at least one professional production previously. This can include Fringe performances but not university productions or amateur dramatics
- You must not be in receipt of RFO funding from Creative Scotland
- You must be available to tech during the day and perform on the night of Friday 9 June
- You must be applying for a new project that has not already been commissioned, produced or coproduced, or staged by another organisation
How to apply
- Please complete this online application form by midnight on Wed 17 May. You can complete this with written answers or a video application.
- You can also download and complete a dyslexia-friendly version of the form
If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about our new pilot programme.