Thu 28 Nov 2019
Box Office: 0131 529 6000
Free, but ticketed
Please note this event is now sold out. You can find more dementia friendly events using the filters on our What's On section.
Scottish Ballet Time to Dance
Time to Dance is Scottish Ballet’s weekly dementia-friendly dance programme, designed for people living with dementia, their families, friends and carers, where you will have the chance to dance to live music. Our experienced dance artists and musician will gently guide you through a range of dance movements aimed at encouraging communication, expression, coordination, creativity and social interaction.
The session has two elements, a social café and a dance workshop. To book, please contact Dawn Irvine on email@example.com or call 0131 622 8444.
What to expect:
- Class begins seated, progressing slowly with the option to stand or remain seated
- The session will begin with a social café which is a chance for refreshments and a blether
- Open to family, friends and carers of all ages. No experience required
- Please comfortable clothing you can move in
- Spaces are limited to a maximum of 20 – please book in advance
Capital Theatres aim to be accessible to all. We are committed to making your visit to our theatres as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. All of our Front of House staff undergo disability awareness training and Dementia Friend Training and will be pleased to assist you should you require any information or help.