LAUNCH OF NEW DRINKS APP AT FESTIVAL THEATRE
BEAT THE BAR QUEUE
The Festival Theatre is launching an app allowing audiences members to order pre-show and interval snacks and drinks.
The mobile ordering platform, Festival Theatre Bars App, means that audiences can pre-book and pay for pre-show and interval drinks several days in advance of their visit to the Nicolson Street theatre, beating the bar queues and making for an easier evening all round.
The Festival Theatre drinks app is the latest theatre across the UK to utilise a ‘Preoday’ app for food and drinks, with other venues already using the service including the Royal Opera House, Sadler’s Wells, the Barbican, the Royal and Derngate in Northampton and Theatre Royal Bath.
The app will launch from Friday 24 November 2017, ready for the opening of touring musical Legally Blonde on Monday 27 November.
Orders can be made through the app, downloadable from the Apple App Store and Google Play, as well as through the Festival Theatre website
Niall Dewar, Deputy Head of Customer Services, says: ‘We want to make the experience of coming to our theatres as hassle-free and enjoyable as possible and we welcome the introduction of new technologies to enhance the customer experience. The drinks app offers extra convenience and will allow customers to beat the queues at busy shows, meaning they have more time to enjoy being at the theatre with friends.’
The Festival Theatre currently earns about 8.5% of its commercial income from its cafes, bars and merchandise.
To use the app, all you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Open the app or visit the website
- Choose the date you are visiting the theatre and the performance you are attending
- Choose your drinks and snacks (£5 minimum spend)
- Choose your collection slot and time, if applicable (pre-show or interval) *
- Place your order and receive confirmation
- Pick up your order from the Lafayette Foyer Desk (F1) and enjoy your time at the theatre!
* The cut-off time for placing a pre-show order is 2 hours prior to curtain up.
The cut-off time for placing an interval order is curtain up.
Please note the following:
- You are required to open an account when placing an order.
- Minimum spend of £5
- Payment via credit or debit card only.
- Promotion of 20% discount applies to first purchase.
- If you are a Friend, you will receive a discount code and will be asked to show your Friend card on collection of your drinks.
- We operate the ‘Challenge 25’ policy and proof of age may be required on collection.
- If you need to cancel your order for any reason, we can offer a refund providing you contact us before the cut off time for the order (pre-orders: 2 hours before curtain up time on your date of attendance; interval orders: curtain up on your date of attendance).
- Management reserve the right to refuse service.
- Full terms and conditions available here