BEAT THE QUEUE BARS APP TO ROLL OUT TO KING'S THEATRE
BARS APP ROLLED OUT TO KING’S THEATRE
Following the successful launch of our ‘beat the bar queue’ app to pre-order drinks and snacks at the Festival Theatre, we’re delighted to roll the facility out to the King’s Theatre from next week.
The mobile ordering platform, Capital Theatres Bars App, means that audiences can pre-book and pay for pre-show and interval drinks several days in advance of their visit to either the Festival or the King’s theatres, beating the bar queues and making for an easier evening all round.
Capital Theatres are among the latest arts venues to utilise a ‘Preoday’ app for food and drinks, with other venues already using the service including the Royal Opera House, Sadler’s Wells, the Barbican, the Royal and Derngate in Northampton and Theatre Royal Bath.
The app will launch at the King’s this weekend, ready for the opening of Sherlock Holmes: The Final Curtain on Monday 28 May
Niall Dewar, Deputy Head of Customer Services, says: ‘We want to make the experience of coming to our theatres as hassle-free and enjoyable as possible and we welcome the introduction of new technologies to enhance the customer experience. The drinks app offers extra convenience and will allow customers to beat the queues at busy shows, meaning they have more time to enjoy being at the theatre with friends.’
All you need to do is follow these simple steps:
- Open the app or visit the website
- Choose the theatre you are attending
- Choose the date you are visiting the theatre and the performance you are attending
- Choose your drinks and snacks (£5 minimum spend)
- Choose your collection slot and time, if applicable (pre-show or interval) *
- Place your order and receive confirmation
- Pick up your order from the designated pick-up point on your confirmation e-mail and enjoy your time at the theatre!
* The cut-off time for placing a pre-show order is 2 hours prior to curtain up.
The cut-off time for placing an interval order is curtain up.
Please note the following:
- You are required to open an account when placing an order.
- Minimum spend of £5.
- Payment via credit or debit card only.
- Promotion of 20% discount applies to first purchase.
- If you are a Friend of Capital Theatres you can receive your discount by inputting the promo code ‘Friends20’. You must show your Friends card at the collection point.
- We operate the ‘Challenge 25’ policy and proof of age may be required on collection.
- If you need to cancel your order for any reason, we can offer a refund providing you contact us before the cut off time for the order (pre-orders: 2 hours before curtain up time on your date of attendance; interval orders: curtain up on your date of attendance).
- Management reserve the right to refuse service.
- Full terms and conditions available here