The best way to see great theatre for less is to Become a friend of the Festival and King’s Theatres. Not only will you make huge savings throughout the year, but you’ll learn more about the work of the theatre and will be playing a role in keeping your theatres thriving.
From just £36 a year, you’ll receive:
Free or discounted tickets for most shows
• 2 for 1 tickets on most Opening Nights – bring a friend for free.
• or 20% off most other performances, on up to two tickets.
Cheaper drinks and pre-theatre meals
• 20% off at all of our bars (excludes ice cream)
• 20% off food and drinks at Café Lucia at the Festival Theatre
• Discounts at several local cafes and restaurants
Be first in the queue
• Friends receive a priority booking period for most shows before they go on general sale, so you’ll be able to secure the very best seats for sell-out shows like the King’s Panto.
• You’ll receive the Friends e-newsletter which will let you know about new shows before everyone else.
• Skip phone queues with a designated Friends Priority Booking Line.
You could make your money back with just one show.
Do you regularly come to the theatre as a family or as a foursome? If so, a Family Friends Membership gives you all of the above benefits but with four tickets for the price of two, or 20% off on up to four tickets, all for only £59 a year.
“There is nothing like seeing something live and being a Friend of the Festival and King's Theatres gives you the opportunity to see a huge range of top quality plays and performances at a substantial discount and it also helps support theatre in Edinburgh". Ralph Lutton, Friend
Become a friend
online, or call 0131 529 6000
(Mon to Sat 11am-6pm) or visit the Festival Theatre (Mon to Sat 10am-6pm) to join.