5 CONGALICIOUS THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT ON YOUR FEET!
1. The smash-hit musical boasts some spectacular dancing. The dancers are all led by choreographer Sergio Trujillo, a Tony and Oliver award-winner who was distinguished as one of the Top 100 Colombians in the world by President Juan Manuel Santos. Strictly fans will love this!
2. Tony-nominated Emilio Sosa has designed the colourful costumes for all cast. You may recognise his name from his many years working in Project Runaway.
3. Director Jerry Mitchell received the Tony Award in recognition of his choreography for the 2013 Tony-winning Best Musical Kinky Boots.
4. Music is intrinsic to Gloria and Emilio Estefan’s story, which is why there’s a full LaTin band on stage at all times performing live throughout, bringing the audience on their feet.
5. It’s all true. All the events depicted in the show really happened. ‘The only thing that’s not true is Emilio having a six-pack, as he does in the show’, laughs Gloria.