To celebrate 25 years of the Festival Theatre and the creative partnerships we’ve fostered nationally and internationally, we are hosting a Variety evening of existing and new works made with our communities, partners and people. Let’s have a look at 25 Live in numbers…
- 30 artists will be working with over 200 participants, ranging from as little as 3 years old to as old as 98 years old!
- A total of 15 pieces of existing and new work will be shared on the Festival Theatre stage
- 6 choreographers, 5 musical directors, 4 film makers, 3 accompanist, 2 Indian dance companies, 2 national companies and 1 lighting designer will make this an unforgettable celebration
- 13 organisations have teamed up with us to showcase the best creativity on stage
- There will be a total of 210 costumes and 416 shoes
- A team of 13 technicians will be making this live show possible backstage
- Audience members will be delighted with 879 dance moves over 6 dance performances
- Over 150 chocolate cupcakes with blue and white frosting will sweeten the evening
- The shows features 6 dance pieces, 2 choirs, four film pieces, two musical numbers and 1 physical theatre exploration of the theatre’s rich history
- 2 presenters, Jamie MacDougall and Saskia Ashdown, will keep the energy going on stage in between the shows
- 1 theatre celebrating 25 incredible years
Join us for 25 Live on Saturday 1 June at the Festival Theatre and celebrate this magical anniversary with us.