About the Project
The Grade A Listed King's Theatre opened in 1906 and stands on a prominent site in Edinburgh’s Tollcross area. It is one of Scotland's oldest and most loved theatres. Capital Theatres is undertaking an ambitious £25 million redevelopment project that will result in the repair, enhancement and expansion of one of Scotland’s oldest working theatres. Through this project we will transform and optimise the King’s theatre for the next 50 years. We will modernise the venue creating a transformed theatregoing experience whilst preserving and showcasing the heritage and optimising its potential as a visitor attraction and educational venue.
Generously supported by the National Lottery Heritage Fund, we are now looking to procure a Heritage Interpretation Consultant for the project. Capital Theatres seeks to appoint an experienced and creative consultant to curate and create a design package and interpretation plan for the restoration of the King’s Theatre, Edinburgh. They will work closely with the architectural design team, archivist and Capital Theatres staff to create a plan that fulfils National Lottery Heritage Fund outcomes and Capital Theatres strategic vision.
We require the following information to be submitted with your bid.
- Agency background, including relevant previous experience and staff allocated to this project
- Two examples of similar projects, with brief details and images where possible
- Details of how the tenderer intends to manage the project, including a project plan and timeline
- How the tenderer will approach the research and design interpretation, partnerships, audiences and achieve the required outputs
- Overall costs (including daily rates and VAT as applicable)
- Contact details (phone and email) for two references
All tender submissions will be evaluated to identify the consultant who will deliver best value - balancing quality and price, with a significant emphasis on the quality (Quality 70%: Price 30%).
How to Apply
Tender submissions should be returned to: email@example.com with the subject header ‘King’s Theatre Interpretation tender’. The tender return date is Thursday 6th February 5pm.