About the Project
The Grade A Listed King's Theatre opened in 1906 and stands on a prominent site in Edinburgh’s Tollcross area. It is one of Scotland's oldest and most loved theatres. Capital Theatres is undertaking an ambitious, £25 million redevelopment project that will result in the repair, enhancement and expansion of one of Scotland’s oldest working theatres. Through this project we will transform and optimise the King’s theatre for the next 50 years. We will modernise the venue creating a transformed theatregoing experience whilst preserving and showcasing the heritage. A programme of activities is planned to engage around 25,000 people with the heritage that surrounds the King’s, impacting wellbeing, confidence and learning.
Generously supported by the National Lottery Heritage Fund, we are now looking to procure an Evaluation Consultant for the project. Capital Theatres seeks to appoint an experienced and creative evaluation consultant to lead on the monitoring and evaluation for the project; measuring against the outcomes contained within the National Lottery Heritage Fund application alongside the wider objectives and outcomes of the project, and those contained within other funding applications.
We require the following information to be submitted with your application.
- CV, including relevant previous experience of evaluating £1m+ National Lottery Heritage Fund projects
- Details of how the tenderer intends to manage the project, including a project plan and timeline, and a resource schedule
- Overall costs (including daily rates and VAT as applicable), please price each part of the contract separately
- Contact details (phone and email) for two references
- GDPR data protection compliance statement
All tender submissions will be evaluated to identify the consultant who will deliver best value - balancing quality and price, with a significant emphasis on the quality (Quality 70%: Price 30%).
How to apply
Tender submissions should be returned to: email@example.com with the subject header ‘King’s Theatre evaluation tender’.
The tender return date is Monday 27th January at 9am.